rough breakup

The good, the bad, and the ugly about relationships

rough breakup

Postby Aardvark » Thu Jun 17, 2004 11:34 am

anybody have an idea on how you break up with someone who just had a great aunt die, their grandmother is in the hospital for colon cancer, and their job has just turned sour without seeming like ass? I have been wrestlng with this one for over a week now.
Aardvark
Veteran Member

Postby feisty » Thu Jun 17, 2004 2:03 pm

You don't. You suck it up and wait at least a month from either the death or the going into the hospital, whichever happened last. OR, you accept the fact that you're a dick and do what makes you feel best.

Unless this person has treated you horribly, there's no excuse for adding to her misery. There will never be a good time, but there will be a better time.

JMHO
feisty
Charter Member

Postby feisty » Thu Jun 17, 2004 2:06 pm

Oh, and if her Grandmother dies in the meantime, you're screwed. Sorry, ya gotta tack on more time.

Relationships suck sometimes.
feisty
Charter Member

Postby Aardvark » Fri Jun 18, 2004 1:21 am

Noted, that was the direction I was heading, but now she is pushing because she has sensed something is wrong. I can lie about things and wait or tell the truth blah... this is the part I hate about relationships, especially since she is a nice gal just not right for me
Aardvark
Veteran Member

Postby Playboy At Large » Fri Nov 18, 2005 1:11 am

Since she is pushing, you should sack up and tell her how you feel. Because you know what's going to happen if you wait? She's going to bring up the fact that she sensed something was wrong and call you out because she KNOWS the only reason you didn't break up with her sooner is because you felt pitty for her, and that's just going to piss her off more (think of the mix of emotions she's going to be feeling when you tell her)...
Just look at me and say yes...
Playboy At Large

Return to RelationshipsRelationships