Post by Olias7 » Thu May 29, 2003 2:57 am

Long live the spirit of Kozmo!! [angel]

(January 24, 2001)

Rest in peace!

/danny phipps

felidae
Charter Member

Post by felidae » Thu May 29, 2003 12:44 pm

Hi Olias. What kind of pet?? I am sooo sorry for your loss.....some people dont understand that a pet can become family and you just lost a part of your family. My condolences.

Olias7

Post by Olias7 » Thu May 29, 2003 3:45 pm

kozmo was a grey tabby that my wife and i had "owned" (...although, how on earth does someone OWN a cat???) for a total of 14 years and then, mysteriously, one day we discovered that he'd developed kidney failure. at the vet's request, and after much testing to try and save his life, we were advised it would be best FOR KOZMO if we had him put down. believe me, i'm not the type of person who gets emotional easily, but when kozmo was put to sleep, my wife and i both cried for 3 days! he is best summed up by this simple description that my wife came up with --

"he was truly an angel in a cat suit!" :-) [angel]

he's been gone now since january 24, 2001 (hence the date on my original post) and there's still not a day that goes by that i don't think about him -- which is good.....because that way, i'm keeping his spirit alive inside me!

he was indeed the most unique and unforgettable animal that ever graced my life..........

/O7

mouse girleigh
Veteran Member

Post by mouse girleigh » Thu May 29, 2003 7:59 pm

So sorry to hear of your loss, Olias7. I am happy for you and your family that you had so much time with Kozmo (even if it seemed like not nearly enough!), that he was such an angel and that you think of him fondly. :)

I have a 16 year old cat who is a bit of an angel herself. I best not tell her or she might get a swelled head... and i totally agree with you that it's tricky to say a human owns a cat. I hate to think about her not being around. But i know it will happen someday...
:(
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.
- Oscar Wilde

felidae
Charter Member

Post by felidae » Thu May 29, 2003 9:54 pm

Well, I have a 13 year old baby too. He is my BEST FRIEND!!! Right now he is on some medication for one particular enzyme in his liver that should be at 100 max and his is 200!! Anyway, the day he does go will be a very hard day indeed. He has always been a loving cat, always wanting to be petted, sleeps on my head, in the crook of my arm, right against me.

Once again, I am so sorry. It really hurts to even think about it.